Just read an extract from an interview with Clark Kokich, Chairman of Razorfish about his new book Do or Die
Here are the best bits in my view;
- do work that matters to the CEO and the board of directors of their clients
- focus on solving real business problems
- digital media is changing the lives of consumers. Take insights & data that digital provides and teach clients how digital can change the lives of their brands
- there are a lot of truly innovative ideas in new media but not enough big ideas that cross platforms, that drive the business forward, and that have legs – forming the cornerstone of a durable long-term strategy
- the big question to ask “What do our customers hate about our category, and can we use digital tools to fix it?”
- storytelling is still important but it’s also about learning what customers don’t like and fixing it.
- when I was young, I asked older people for advice. Now I’m old, and I ask younger people for advice. Our role as leaders is no longer to be the experts. Our job is to be the chief interrogator
- While you’re hanging on to the past, someone else is out there plotting to steal your future.
Some gems of advice we should all pay attention to in my view.